Re-Opening Plan Letter
Dear Lake Roosevelt families and students,
Beginning on Monday, November 9th, the Grand Coulee Dam School District will be making improved changes to the current Distance Learning Plan. We are making these necessary changes in an effort to increase student engagement and learning. This will also allow us to transition smoothly into in person learning when the time comes to do so.
- All Lake Roosevelt Jr/Sr High School students will be required to attend live, virtual teaching sessions via ZOOM for each class on their schedule on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. These days are called Virtual Instruction Days.
- For families/students without internet access, there are a few options available:
- Option 1: Students can be transported to the school to utilize the computer labs on Virtual Days.
- Families must contact the LRHS office if you choose this option so that we can adjust transportation routes.
NOTE: (students/families must have their health history paperwork updated in order to ride a bus/enter the school)
- Option 2: Students can utilize other family members/friends that have access to the internet on Virtual Days.
NOTE: GCDSD has access to no cost internet for families that qualify. If this is of interest please contact the school 509-633-1442.
- Jr. High Only Option: Paper/Pencil packet will be provided with a letter signed by the student and family that acknowledges the paper/pencil packets do not replace learning and cannot be a replacement for instruction.
- 1st period begins at 8:20am and 7th period will end at 1:30pm. Each class is 30 minutes long with a 10-minute break between each class. A lunch break will be given from 11:40am to 12:10pm (Click here for Schedule)
- Distance Learning Days are Tuesday and Friday. On these days, students will be expected to complete assignments and activities from classes.
- Teachers will be available to meet/conference with students outside of the Virtual Teaching schedule.
- In order for a student to be counted as “present”, students must attend each of their classes via ZOOM at their scheduled times Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- On Distance Learning Days (Tuesday and Friday), students must complete an attendance activity to be counted for Tuesday and Friday.
- If you have any questions regarding your class schedule, please contact the office.
- Students will be counted as “Late” by their teacher if they are not there at the scheduled time.
- Students will be counted as “Absent” on Virtual Instruction Days if they do not attend the ZOOM times for each class. Students will be counted as “Absent” on Distance Learning Days if they do not complete the attendance task for each class.
(Please click the links below to view the documents)