Regular School Board meetings are held the 2nd & 4th Monday of the MonthAt the Lake Roosevelt Jr./Sr. High Library:505 Crest Dr. Coulee Dam, WA 99116The exception to this schedule is in the month of December due to the Winter Break.
Monthly Board Meetings School Board meetings are open to the public and discussion is held in the open, with the exception of executive sessions. On occasion, the regular meeting may be canceled or re-scheduled. The press is advised at least 24 hours in advance of any change in meeting time.The Agenda
Board members receive a full agenda several days prior to the Board meeting. The agenda may deal with curriculum, budget, hiring of personnel, facilities, school transportation, planning, etc. If you wish to learn more about a particular item on the agenda, please contact the Superintendent.Your Comments
Near the beginning of each Board meeting, we devote an agenda item to “individuals wishing to speak on agenda items.” This is an appropriate time for you to make comments about issues that appear on the agenda. The Board encourages members of the public who wish to speak to call ahead or fill out the form below. During the meeting, the audience may ask questions on agenda items after the Board of Directors has discussed an item, and before a vote. Should you wish to comment during a meeting, we ask that you:
- Raise your hand and be recognized by the Board chair.
- State your name.
- Keep your comments brief and to the point.
- Provide your address and phone number, in case any follow-up to your comments or questions is necessary.
Resolving a Concern
The Board and the staff of the Grand Coulee Dam School District are dedicated to the health, safety, and educational well being of our students. If you have a question or concern, we encourage you to first seek answers or resolution at the building level, where the issue can be addressed most effectively. The following steps outline the procedure to be followed in answering questions and resolving concerns:
Issues concerning students or teachers should first be discussed with the teacher involved.
- If the teacher is unable to satisfactorily resolve the matter, then it should be discussed with the building principal.
- If the issue is not resolved by the principal, it should be brought to the Superintendent.
- If the issue is not satisfactorily resolved by the Superintendent, you can make a request to address the Board at the next scheduled Board meeting.